Using the network
- How much does it cost to charge at Shell Recharge locations?
- What are roaming partners and what is the connection to the Shell Recharge network?
- Are the tariffs shown for public charging including or excluding VAT?
- How many public charging points in the UK?
- How many charge points does Shell have?
- How do I charge with ubitricity lamp post charge points?
- What are lamppost and bollard charging posts?
- Which charge point operators can I charge with using the Shell Recharge card and app?
- Where can I find free public charging?
- For which cards do the flat rates apply?
- How do CPOs and MSPs work together?
- How do you find Shell EV charging stations?
- When can I reach Shell Recharge Solutions?
- So a charge point is the same as an EVSE?
- What is a charge point?
- Which electric and plug-in hybrid brands are Shell Recharge points compatible with?
- Where can I see what the estimated charging costs are?
- What is an operational charge point?
- How many countries does the Shell Recharge network operate in?
- What is a Shell Recharge operated charge point?
- If I need help using a charge point, who can I contact?
- How do I pay for charging my EV on the public network?
- What is the difference between charging with Shell and other charge points in the network?
- Where can I charge my electric car?
- Who can I call when a public charge point isn’t working?
- How do I access the charge network?
- How can I issue the publication of my charge points in account.shellrecharge?
- I have multiple charge cards in my account, will I have different invoices for each charge card?
- When do I get billed for the charge I have used?
How much does it cost to charge at Shell Recharge locations?
In the UK, you only pay the price per kWh. You will not pay a transaction fee when charging at Shell Recharge operated charge points that use the Shell Recharge app as a payment method (includes forecourts, Waitrose and Aldi). You will also not pay a transaction fee if you choose to pay "ad hoc" with a contactless payment method.
To access the roaming network, a £0.35 transaction fee, with a maximum of £7.00 per month, is charged for all successful charging sessions. Once you have reached £7.00 per billing cycle, you will not pay further transaction fees for charging in the UK. The transaction fee amount is the same regardless of how much electricity is used or how long the EV is connected to the charge point.
We always advise you to check the exact tariff on the Shell Recharge app or public charging tariffs section of the website before starting a charge.
Still have questions?
We provide 24/7 emergency phone support for technical queries. Plus you can reach our customer service departments by phone on weekdays from 09:00 - 17:30.
For more general EV support
Read our blog for news, reviews, and updates on the electric vehicle industry. We bring you well-informed and engaging content on everything there is to know about e-mobility