- What is the average range of an EV?
- Does manufacturing an electric vehicle generate more greenhouse gas emissions than it saves?
- Can I charge my EV even when it rains?
- How does the electric car's range compare to similar conventionally fuelled cars, and what is the cost-per-mile for electric vs. petrol?
- How can I get the maximum range from my EV?
- How much range do electric cars lose in cold weather?
- How to calculate the range of an electric car?
- Is electric car range improving?
- What is the real-world range of the electric car under normal driving conditions?
- What is the time required to fully charge the car's battery, and what type of charging options are available?
- What is the electric car's stated range on a full charge?
- How do electric cars work?
What is the average range of an EV?
So most of the time you needn’t worry about range while going about your day.
*Disclaimer: Based on National Travel Survey, Table NTS0307, in the UK, 95% of the daily commutes are less than 63 miles in 2.5 car trips per day. With the average range of a BEV at 226 miles (as per EV Volumes weighted average 2016 – 2022 for EU including UK), today’s EVs are already able to cover those daily distances using clean miles only, even when there’s no opportunity to charge during the day.
**Please refer to your local market information for specific statistics on average EV range.
Still have questions?
We provide 24/7 emergency phone support for technical queries. Plus you can reach our customer service departments by phone on weekdays from 09:00 - 17:30.
For more general EV support
Read our blog for news, reviews, and updates on the electric vehicle industry. We bring you well-informed and engaging content on everything there is to know about e-mobility