Cities & States
We help communities of all sizes and governments at every level prepare for the rapid introduction of electric vehicles by deploying resilient EV charging infrastructure accompanied by policy guidance, stakeholder engagement, and industry expertise.
Electrification in cities & states
Widespread EV adoption depends on drivers’ ability to access charging stations throughout the cities and towns where they live and work. Our solutions help municipalities deliver broad electrification, developing and integrating a diverse set of products and services that can operate on the same system – and enabling drivers to charge their vehicles wherever they are.
We help cities & states:
Solutions developed specifically for cities’ needs
We understand the challenges you face so we can help you successfully develop and implement EV charging programs to accelerate EV adoption. We offer the latest in network solutions to meet cities’ needs while offering a seamless charging experience for drivers in your region.
End-to-end EV infrastructure solutions
We provide cities with everything from infrastructure best practices to complete grid-enabled EV charging solutions so you can develop strategies that connect your communities through e-mobility. We enable EV adoption at scale across urban transportation modes, including municipal fleets, trucks, and passenger vehicles while anticipating cities’ future development needs and ensuring grid reliability and stability.
Meet the needs of your city’s EV drivers
Wide adoption of EVs depends on broadly available and reliable charging infrastructure. We provide an excellent driver experience, with a seamless app interface, 24/7 driver support, uptime and maintenance services, and strong data privacy policies that protect city residents.
Improve air quality and meet bold emission targets
Reduce GHGs and local air pollution through EV adoption, and measure and report on these environmental impacts with our EV charging solutions.
Meet the needs of your city fleet
Help meet your city’s sustainability and emissions goals with our comprehensive solutions that enable successful city departments’ fleet electrification.
Achieve collaboration between multiple stakeholders
We serve as a driving force to convene utilities, government, automakers, policymakers, regulators, and EV infrastructure companies to work together seamlessly and achieve cities’ transportation electrification goals.
What we provide our city & state customers:
- Ability to deliver EV infrastructure at scale, considering the full capital and operating costs of a project and all possible integrations, such as distributed energy resources (DERs)
- Ability to scale public and municipal fleet EV charging through our open-standards based solutions
- End-to-end customer support from system design to EV charging deployment and maintenance
- Continued investment in innovation in EV charging solutions
- Extensive operations & maintenance services and 24/7 driver support
- Wide selection of Open Charge Point Protocol (OCPP) compliant Shell Recharge Solutions-validated hardware to find the best-fit solution for your project
- Trusted Shell brand with a strong financial backing
- Advanced payment security and anti-fraud systems to ensure customer confidence
- Robust Data Privacy policies
- Convenient online charging management tools and data reporting
The City of Los Angeles: Enabling the Sustainability Plan (pLAn)
Shell Recharge Solutions works with the City of Los Angeles to deploy and manage public and fleet charging infrastructure, working with multiple city departments. Download the case study to learn more.
EV Charging Solutions for Cities and Municipalities
Cities and municipalities of all sizes are taking an active role in advancing the EV market, which can translate to direct local benefits such as improving the air quality, as well as national goals focused on mitigating climate change. Download the brochure to learn more.