We make it convenient for EV drivers to charge and shop at retail locations of all sizes - convenience, grocery stores, and shopping malls – while allowing retail owners to realize the benefits of EV charging. We help bolster your brand and attract new customers by deploying innovative EV charging solutions on your property.
Installing EV stations at retail locations
Retailers work with Shell Recharge Solutions to deploy EV charging solutions that attract customers and visitors, increase property values, and establish your brand as a sustainability leader — all while demonstrating your commitment to the community.
We help retailers:
Increase in-store retail sales
Generate additional retail sales revenue from customers that spend more time in stores while waiting for their vehicles to charge. Offering EV charging to consumers increases time spent in store by at least 30 minutes, resulting in increased basket size(1).
Add new revenue streams
Gain additional revenue from fees for charging station use at your retail locations.
Attract new and retain existing customers
Charging attracts new and returning EV drivers. Grow your customer base by showing a commitment to sustainability and decreasing transportation emissions.
Attract new and retain existing employees
EV charging infrastructure at your retail site helps retain employees that drive electric vehicles and shows your commitment to advancing sustainability goals and reducing transportation related greenhouse gas emissions.
Manage peak load at a charging point
Provide reliable EV charging solutions to your customers without costly infrastructure updates with our energy management solutions allowing you to efficiently manage peak load at every charger.
Financing options to match your operating requirements
Reserve capital for infrastructure investments core to your business while scaling your EV infrastructure with our flexible subscription-based Charging as a Service offering.
1 Data source: Public EV charging business models for retail site hosts - A Financial Analysis of Common EV Charging Business Models for Retail Site Hosts. Research by Atlas Public Policy. April 2020
What we provide to our retail customers:
- End-to-end customer support from system design to EV charging deployment and maintenance
- An easy, online platform to manage your charging stations and report data across different locations
- Trusted Shell brand with strong financial backing
- Ability to deliver EV infrastructure at scale, considering the full capital and operating costs of a project and all possible integrations, such as DERs
- Wide selection of Open Charge Point Protocol (OCPP) compliant Shell Recharge Solutions-validated hardware to find the best-fit solution for your project
- Extensive operations & maintenance services and 24/7 driver support
- Advanced payment security and anti-fraud systems to ensure customer confidence
- Ability to scale the network to meet increasing EV charging demand
How EV Charging Boosts Retail Sales
EV charging at retail sites makes it convenient for your customer to charge their vehicles while shopping. Download the brochure to learn how to bolster your brand and attract new customers by deploying innovate EV charging solutions on your property.
EV charging at a glance
The electric vehicle transition is happening, and it is happening quickly. The brochure provides a quick understanding of EV charging, how it works and how drivers can benefit. Download to learn more.